Some days it seems email makes the world go round, especially for folks like us, who are immersed in it every day.
Then you get a wakeup call when something like this video shows up on your computer screen:
The two-minute video is full of stats. Scary stats. Perhaps the scariest of all? Every 60 seconds, 14 children die of something related to hunger.
Next week, you can take a break from the world of email and do something to fight the world’s hunger crisis.
ClickMail client STOP HUNGER NOW is a successful international food aid program expanding to Northern California. The organization is hosting several meal packaging events throughout the area next week. These events help to provide life saving food to the world’s most vulnerable, especially children. Our CEO Marco Marini and Director of Business Development Michael Kelly will be at some of these events.
Ray Buchanan, founder of STOP HUNGER NOW, will be at the events to answer questions about the organization as participants package 2,000 meals in less than an hour. Choose from one of the days and locations below, or go to www.stophungernow.org to learn more:
- Sunday July 22, St. Mark’s Church 3pm to 5pm, 2391 St. Marks Way, Sacramento
- Monday July 23, Los Gatos UMC 6:30pm to 8:30pm, 111 Church Street, Los Gatos
- Tuesday July 24, St. Mary’s Church 6:30pm to 8:30pm, 219 Bean Avenue, Los Gatos
- Wednesday July 25, Los Altos UMC 6:30pm to 8:30pm, 655 Magdalena Ave, Los Altos Hills
- Thursday July 26, St. Agnes Spiritual Life Center 6:30pm to 8:30pm, 1611 Oak Street, San Francisco
If you want to pitch in, please RSVP to Karen Sanders Noe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408.781.6166. And do your part to stop hunger now.